Saturday 17 May 2014

At last it's Saturday

I haven't had a chance to write a post all week as it's been too busy with work. I've managed to snatch some time to make a couple of blocks and to continue my knitting but it has mainly been late at night when I really don't want to start using the computer.

I have managed to make the 9 nine blocks for the rainbow scrap challenge. The colour for May is green. I was surprised to find that I haven't got a lot of green scraps but I found enough. Each month I am making 4 blocks.



I haven't had time to complete the hexie block yet but here are my fabrics.


I'm hoping to get this stitched whilst chilling out in front of a film tonight.

In my May goals I planned to start the corset quilt by Bobbie G Designs. I purchased this pattern before Christmas and have collected the fabrics  ready to start. 

Corset Quilt

I still may start this quilt but I decided to start the Austen Family Album quilt. The blocks are appearing weekly on Sundays at Austen Family Album which is run by Barbara Brackman. I loved making the Votes for Women quilt that she run and since Jane Austen is one of my favourite authors I decided I wanted to make this quilt.

I asked my husband for his choice of colours and he has chosen blue, greens and pinks but the pattern must be appropriate for the period. I didn't want to use specific vintage style fabrics as I love mixing and matching. I managed to get the first two blocks made but I am still behind.



Both blocks are square but the lower one sure looks like the right hand side is wonky. The blocks finish at 12 inches and they will run for 36 weeks.

I want to make a cover for my machine so that I can leave it set up without it collecting cat hairs from Picasso when he decides to investigate. I have a case / carry bag but this is heavy so I only use it when I am putting the machine away for a while when we go on holiday or if I'm taking the machine somewhere else. Ages ago I bought this fabric because I loved the sewing machine on it. I also have another sewing fabric in my stash which I must hunt out this weekend.


That's pretty much what I've managed this week. I'm going to walk Scamp and then I have the rest of the day to get on with my various projects. The walk should be fun as it is very warm out although it is quite dull. I hope you all have a great weekend.

Lyndsey

2 comments:

  1. Your blocks are coming along very nicely. Green seems to be my second largest stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The labels fabric will be perfect for a sewing machine cover!

    ReplyDelete