Saturday 17 January 2015

Another Friday Finish

I'm excited again because for the second week running I can celebrate a finish. This week I have finished the top of the Star Trek quilt. I just had the second border to add and I chose this star trek fabric for it.


With the second border added the quilt now measures 86 X 86.  Richard is thrilled at the size of the quilt. He certainly needs a large quilt as he is 6 foot 5 inches tall and it takes something large to keep him snug and warm. The quilt hangs generously over the sides of my double bed.


My plan for tomorrow morning is a trip to the quilt shop to buy the wadding and the backing fabric and hopefully have the quilt sandwich made by the end of the day. Next week my kitchen is being fitted and all the large plastic boxes that are currently home to my foodstuffs and other kitchen items will be moved to the dinning room. The table where I usually sew will have to be folded down so I may not be able to use my machine next week. Otherwise I'd love to get on with the quilting.

Lucy popped in on her way home and told me the frost had made lovely patterns on my car so I just had to pop out and take a photo. It's odd what you find yourself doing at half past midnight.




It's got progressively colder over the day here in London UK and the wind is very raw. The temperature seems to have just plummeted from being unseasonably warm. I have to admit I would love it to snowed.

I'm linking this post with Richard and Tanya's Link a finish Friday and Amanda's Finish it up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts.

I hope the weather isn't too bad where you are. Stay warm and safe.

Lyndsey 

5 comments:

  1. The quilt is looking great.love the frost myself,it does make beautiful patterns.
    Stay warm.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very neat quilt Lindsey....and those frost patterns would make great quilting patterns

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo and your quilt turned out great. I hope you are able to get to the quilting soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on getting the top finished. The ice did make lovely patterns on your car. I hope the kitchen installation was relatively painless.

    ReplyDelete