Saturday 7 November 2015

Busy Saturday but not much sewing

Today has been busy and hasn't left much time for sewing. This morning I had arranged to go to an open day with Kathryn for people who want to find out more about training to be a teacher. When Kathryn was at school she either wanted to be a farmer and have a herd of cows or to teacher. As she grew up she went off teaching as a possible job but now she has come to realise it's something she would like to do. So this morning I travelled into London and met her under the clock at Waterloo station. A short walk into Westminster and we were ready to listen to all the presentations and talk to the various universities and colleges who offer a teaching course. These days there are so many different ways to get into the profession that it was rather confusing  but by the time we left the venue she had a much clearer idea of what she wanted and how to apply.

This afternoon I was going to cut the sashing for my 2014 Rainbow scrap challenge quilt but first I had some work to finish. By then I felt very tired so a short nap was in order



It's always uncomfortable when you fall asleep on the keyboard! When I eventually woke up I set about working out how many strips I needed to cut for the sashing. The Blocks are nine patch.


Each month I made 4 blocks from the colour of the month which gave made 48 blocks and I made an additional block so I could do a 7 by 7 setting. The centre of each block is white and the sashing is also going to be white. I've now got to decide how I want to lay the blocks out. I need to clear the dining table completely to be able to lay them all out and make a decision about the layout. 

This evening I've been hand stitching the lavender hexi block. I'm was hoping to have the block finished but the fireworks upset Scamp so I spent time cuddling him.

I hope you've had time for some sewing today.

Lyndsey 

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes a girl just needs to get a nap in, wherever she is!! Looks like you're making good progress on your RSC piece! The reds are vibrant ... and I love the squares with the little pirate skulls and crossbones in them! Can't wait to see your lavender hexi block, too! :)

    ReplyDelete