Sunday 1 November 2015

It's November already?



The year is rushing by and here we are at the 1st November. I woke up this morning to a foggy cold day here in London. When I let Scamp out I spent a couple of minutes pretending to be a steam breathing dragon just as I loved to do when I was a child. Mind you I always wished I could breathe fire! If you are in America I hope you remembered the clocks went back last night. Ours went back last week and several of my friends forgot but it is much easier keeping track since our mobile phones change the time automatically.

For most of the year I haven't been joining in with 'A lovely year of finishes' because I just didn't have the time to commit to my sewing but this month I'm feeling very positive and so I'm setting myself some goals.

I have two quilting goals. My first one is Charlene's baby quilt. Charlene had baby Ella last month but I still have to finish the quilting. Here it is at the top stage.



My second quilting goal is to quilt the turtle wall hanging. Richard screen printed this fabric when he was at school completing his GCSE's and it has been sat in my fabric box ever since. The quilt sandwich is all ready and its just a case of getting on with it.




I'd also like to get the 'It's a dogs life' quilt to completed top stage. All the stitcheries are finished and I'm pleased with them.

As the kitchen is in the final stages of its facelift I need to get the curtains made. These wont take long once I've cut the lengths out - at the moments it's all one long fabric piece. I have all the fabric and just need to pick up the header tape on Tuesday. I'm so happy with the fabric I just have to post it again.




If I've got my calculations right I should be able to do all those goals but so long as the 
baby quilt is finished as soon as possible I will be happy.


Slow Sunday Stitching



Today is slow stitching Sunday over at Kathys Quilts I have quite a lot of stitching projects in progress. Some weeks I do some hand stitching and others I just don't get time. I do enjoy hand sewing as I find it very relaxing and the projects are also portable. From this week I will be teaching one day a week on our campus in Reading and I always travel there by train. This provides an hour and a half slot for hand stitching in the morning and if I can stay awake a second slot on the way home. Unfortunately I tend to fall asleep on the journey home. For this week I am going to work on a project I started a while ago and then put away for a time. It has cross stitch in it but also other free style embroidery stitches. The pattern is printed on the fabric so I can adSew Bittersweet Designsd bits to the pattern but you have to embroider all the printed areas as the pattern doesn't wash out.



I refound this project back in February 2013. It had been stored away in a box and I had forgotten all about it. There were several other projects and you can read about it here. I've pressed the embroidery and put it in my hoop. The photo above shows how much was done when I found it. I haven't worked on this piece since finding it. I'm interested to see how much I can do this week.


  

Do you have any projects hidden away that you've forgotten about.? I'm linking this post with Melissa from Sew Bittersweet Designs for the November goal setting party and also Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow sunday stitching. Must go now I have some stitching to get on with.

Lyndsey


5 comments:

  1. I love the kitchen fabric, it is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fun and sometimes dismaying to unearth those projects tucked away long ago. Some I wonder why I ever started, but many I wonder why I never finished! Yours is lovely. Hope you can meet those lofty goals this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun projects you have going! The turtles are just adorable. It's been raining, raining, raining here. I'm really glad we live on a hill because the valley has a lot of flooding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that first photo! The turtle quilt is my favorite of all your lovely projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes... I have a ton of those hidden projects!
    Enjoy your train stitching!

    ReplyDelete