Tuesday 3 November 2015

Bad start, great end

Today started badly as I had a headache. I left for work early and I was hoping the drive would be reasonable but that was not to be. Road works had appeared since Friday and I had to follow a couple of diversions. Then I got caught in a long traffic jam caused by yet another set of roadworks. Because of having to queue other drivers started to behave badly and I found I really had to concentrate to avoid any problems. By now my headache had increased in intensity and I was feeling slightly sick so I turned the car round and headed home. By the time I got there my headache had grown into a migraine and the day went down hill.

The wonder that is modern medicine saved the day. I took a dose of painkillers and retired to bed. When I woke at 2.30 I was feeling better but woozy. AN hour later I decided to get up and as time went by I felt like doing some sewing.

I'd set myself some goals for November and one of those was to complete the turtle quilt. This piece of fabric was screen printed by Richard when he was 15 as an art project for his art GCSE.




I'd already set up the quilt sandwich so I was able to start quilting immediately. I had decided to stitch round each of the turtles and then do a large meander over the cream background. Finally I wanted some straight line quilting on the blue.






I've got a lot of ends to finish sewing in but it's worth it in the end as nothing comes undone.
I need to visit the quilt shop as I want to get a binding fabric, - I'm thinking orange.


I'm hoping to finish the quilting tomorrow and attach the binding. It would be great to have a finish. I then need to check out the tutorials about a hanging sleeve. This small quilt will be a wall hanging and I've never made a hanging sleeve before.

Since I'd done some sewing today Richard decided I would be up for another project and dumped a cushion with this fabric wrapped round it in my lap. The fabric is fabulous. The design is by Alexander Henry and will make a great pillow. Could have done with this fabric for the halloween Haunts blog hop.


So I'll add this to my project list  and hopefully I'll see the turtle quilt completed by the end of the week.

Now I need my sleep. Having had a migraine today I don't want to risk another tomorrow. I hope you've had a good Monday I'm linking this post with Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times and Monday Makings at Love Laugh Quilt.

Lyndsey

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, migraines should be outlawed. Hope you are feeling much better. Fun turtles and the skulls are fun too.

    ReplyDelete