Wednesday 2 December 2015

December goals.


This year has absolutely flown by and here we are at the beginning of December. In meteorological terms this is the first day of winter but the weather in London was anything but wintery with a very mild 14 degrees (57 degrees F) John, Scamp and I walked up to the common and the trees along the path leading to the station still have quite a few leaves on them.


The only sign of wintery weather was the amount of mud across the common. Scamp found it great fun. 


Whilst the weather is still warm enough to be calling me outside for long walks with John and Scamp my sewing machine is sat indoors calling me to work on some of my projects. December is the final month of 'A lovely year of finishes' for 2015  and it's time to think about the projects I'd like to finish.

alyof2015

1. My main goal this month is to make a quilt for baby Lucas. I haven't decided on the pattern yet or got the fabric but this will need to be done before the 18th December.

2. I have to finish the quilting and binding on the advent calendar. I won't see Katy until the end of the week so I have time.


3. I have a quilt to make for Lucy's dog. Buddy is now quite large  but then he is a Mastiff-labrador cross. Here he is when he was a puppy. He's now fully grown and about 18months old.



I must get some new photos of him. He is a huge dog but a real big softie. The quilt is going to be made from my scraps as I seem to have rather a lot. I'm looking forward to this challenge.

4. I'm going to finish the hexie rainbow challenge top. I'm keeping this quilt for myself


I looking forward to getting a lot of sewing done this month as I have two weeks holiday. My last day at work for 2015 is Friday 18th December.

I'm linking this post with  A lovely year of finishes . With two completely new quilts to make from scratch this month I'm going to be busy. I can't wait to get started.

Wishing you a fun packed December.

Lyndsey

1 comment:

  1. Wow you have a great deal on your plate!! Good thing you have some time off :) Good luck achieving your goal this month!

    ReplyDelete